Yesterday, we set off to go to the Musee l'Orangerie, only to find that it's shut on Tuesdays. I sense a pattern developing here. Unperturbed, we walked up to the Champs Elysees for some shopping and a restoring drink. We then walked all the way back to our apartment - a 45 minute walk, but pleasantly bracing in the chilly weather.


This morning, we revisited the Aligre fleamarket, and the went to Merci shop in the Marais district. This is possibly the best shop I've ever been to. Great building, beautiful stuff to buy, a really nice cafe, plus they give their profits to charity!

A lot of the stuff is way too expensive for me, but I may have to go back.
We spent the afternoon seeing The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, or Les hommes qui n'aiment pas les femmes, as it's called here. I loved the books and the three Swedish movies, so was a bit put off by an English-language remake. I will grudgingly admit that it was great! I especially loved all the snowy, wintery scenery.
It's really cold here in Paris. Today the maximum didn't even get to zero, and tomorrow it's only supposed to get to minus 5. So far no snow, but it's looking good!
No comments:
Post a Comment