This morning we once again headed off to the Musee l'Orangerie. The reflection ponds in front of the Louvre were all iced over.

There are some truly grand museums in Paris, but the French aren't too pompous about them. This guy was hanging from one of the wings of the Louvre.

The Orangerie was wonderful - it has eight huge murals of Monet's waterlilies, plus Renoirs, Cezannes, Picassos...I loved the paintings by Marie Laurencin, who I'm ashamed to say I'd never heard of before. I liked her portrait of Coco Chanel.

I've also been to Li'l Weasel, a lovely little yarn shop in the Passage du Grand Cerf, one of Paris' beautifully restored covered passageways (which apparently are the precursor to today's shopping malls.) While I was fondling yarn, Martin was in the passageway over the road in Goodies' Records, having trouble choosing which Dino records to buy.
Tomorrow we're heading out of Paris on a day trip to Fontainebleau Castle. Looking forward to the snow...
No comments:
Post a Comment