Sunday, November 27, 2011

Christmas is coming

Some signs that Christmas isn't far -




From 2011-11-10


The West Australian Christmas Tree  near my work has been flowering for some time now. You don't see that many of these trees in suburbia. This is quite a small one, but I love seeing the yellow flowers against the blue sky when I walk back to work after my lunchtime shopping. It always reminds me of holidays by the beach.



From 2011-11-26


Everywhere you look, there are jacaranda trees in bloom. The flowers fall and leave gorgeous carpets of purple - the photo just doesn't do this one justice. I was very disappointed when my neighbours re-did their backyard and had a jacaranda removed. It used to look very pretty from my kitchen doors!



From 2011-11-27


And of course, agapanthus is flowering happily away everywhere. I do love the humble aggie.

I haven't done any Christmas shopping yet except send away for one book online. I gave up being organised about Christmas years ago - it seems to make the year go so quickly if you're buying Christmas presents in September. I suppose that I must start giving the whole thing some serious thought soon.

I watched Paul Keating being interviewed on Lateline on Wednesday night. How delightfully refreshing to see a politician (former in his case, I know) answering questions so intelligently and authoritatively. He even stops and thinks about his answers before speaking - something you don't see much anymore. Come back Paul - we miss you!




No comments:

Post a Comment