1. The weather - it's late October, and we've only had one hot day so far. There's also been lots of rain, which always makes me happy. The garden is looking great - I've even taken time to stop and photograph the roses.
2. I saw Crazy Stupid Love a week or so ago. It was great fun, but how have I managed to not be aware of Ryan Gosling for all this time? I've since discovered this, which I think is just brilliant.
3. I'm reading A confederacy of dunces by John Kennedy Toole. What a mind-blowingly brilliant book. I can't come up with words to describe how good this is.
4. Gardeners are such inventive people! I've been reading a lot about productive gardens lately - I love this rooftop milk-crate farm in New York.
5. I know that Apple has some questionable business practices, but I'm a big fan of their various devices - I think their 1997 Think Different ad is one of the best pieces of advertising ever.
6. We went to see QI Live last week. The world would be a better place if Stephen Fry was in charge, in my view.
7. The Occupy movement - it's very heartening to see people questioning the rampant capitalism that's been a religion in some Western countries for way too long.
8. And finally, this gem. Not much more to be said, really!
No comments:
Post a Comment