We traveled from Copenhagen to Stockholm by train - I had really been looking forward to this trip - we went across the wonderful Oresund Bridge which links Denmark to Sweden across the Oresund Straight. I couldn't get any good photos - the train was traveling too fast. It's a great feeling to zoom across the ocean and there are some pretty impressive windfarms in the distance.
Stockholm is a spectacularly beautiful city - graceful architecture and beautiful waterways . We only had one day, which is nowhere near enough to even scratch the surface of such a beautiful place. We spent most of this gloriously sunny day in Gamla Stan, the old part of the city.
Like the Danes, the Swedes love using colour on their houses and buildings - especially yellow. The colours look wonderful in this northern light - I think they would look washed out in Australia's harsher light. And as it's spring here, there are bulbs and flowers everywhere - on tables in restaurants, in parks, outside shops.
Definitely a city I want to go back to.
No comments:
Post a Comment