Sunday, April 10, 2011

I amsterdam



I'm sitting in the lobby of our beautiful hotel in Copenhagen. Due to internet access issues, I haven't been able to post anything about Amsterdam yet.


Amsterdam is such a lively, vibrant city. There are people of 77 different natianalities living there - more than any other city, according to our canal tour guide. It seems to be a very tolerant, open city and the people are very friendly - they all speak English, and don't seem to mind at all that we don't know their language.


The weather was very spring-like when we were there - everyone was soaking up the sunshine after a very long cold winter. There was more than a little whiff of pot in the air!




The thing that impressed me most about Amsterdam was the number of cyclists - they are everywhere!




And I do mean everywhere!










We went on a canal tour...





and saw the Rembrandts and Vermeers (and more) at the Rijksmuseum. We visited the marvelous National Library and looked around some great little shops. And naturally, we saw lots and lots of tulips!



1 comment: