I paid a visit to the local swapmeet this morning. I really could have spent hundreds of dollars if I had been so inclined - there was so much good stuff today. Everyone must be spring-cleaning!
This cute little bird-house caught my eye.
This cute little bird-house caught my eye.
The seller also had a great old trunk which I was very tempted to get, but it wouldn't have fitted into my Smart car. (This is, in fact, generally a very good thing - curbing the inevitable impulse purchase!) Later, having had time to mull it over, I dispatched Maddie and Martin to see if it was still there. They returned with the trunk, and a parking fine! So here it is - rather more expensive than expected, but I love it.
I have been having a bit of a clean-up at work. I found a pile of tatty old de-commissioned picture books. I've had a great time this weekend cutting them up to make bunting for the children's area of the library.
I've also brought home some stray volumes from a superceded edition of the Dewey Decimal Classification. I'm not sure what I'll do with them yet....any ideas, Judy?
Nice trunk!!!!Good score - pity about the parking fine.
ReplyDelete