Wednesday, April 3, 2013

London calling

It's a few days now since we left London, but I forgot to pack my Ipad camera adaptor thingy, so couldn't upload any photos. I've only just bought another one today in Copenhagen.

London really is a wonderful place - I always forget how much fun it is. I love the red double-decker buses, the parks, the pubs, the Tube, the taxis...it's all good.

Like most of Europe, London is having a really long winter - it was cold with very few hints of spring. We stayed near Kensington Gardens, where all the trees were still bare.




I finally got to go to the V&A - the fashion exhibition was brilliant. I loved the clothes from the '30s and '40s.








We had a delicious lunch at Jamie's Italian in Covent Garden, and then went to a great exhibition of Man Ray photos at the National Portrait Gallery. There was also some shopping on Oxford Street and the obligatory visit to Liberty of London.

A really enjoyable couple of days....next stop Amsterdam!


1 comment:

  1. sounds like a plan!! I'm keen for the V&A too. See you very soon!

    ReplyDelete