Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Two weeks off

I'm back at work now after two very nice weeks' holiday.

In the first week Martin, Maddie and I went to Sydney. We managed to miss both of the storms which hit Perth, and fortunately our house was OK.

Sydney was fun - we had a great time catching up with Martin's family. We managed to catch the last night of the Vivid Sydney light festival, which was very impressive, in spite of the drizzy weather.





At the Art Gallery of NSW, I saw one of my favourite Australian paintings.





I also managed to walk all the way across the Bridge - I've never done it before as I have a bit of a thing about heights. Just to prove I did it, here's a photo taken half way across. Now that I've managed this, I can work up the nerve for the Bridge Climb!





Martin and I then went on to Melbourne. Oh, the joys of Melbourne shopping! We had some wonderful meals, including an amazing Sichuan meal in Richmond with a great group of friends.

We also caught the train to Bendigo, to see the Grace Kelly exhibition. It was fabulous, and I found Grace to be a very endearing person - at least from what I learnt from the exhibition! The dresses were exquisite, even though they didn't have the one from Rear Window I'd been hoping to see.





Finally, there was the Napoleon exhibition at the NGV. Ruthless military exploits aside, I do find him to be a fascinating figure. He has certainly left a significant legacy, and one wonders what this country would be like if we were Terre Napoleon instead of Australia.

I had another week off after we got home - I had a list of things I wanted to do, none of which I managed to finish. I probably need at least another two weeks off!

No comments:

Post a Comment