Sunday, May 29, 2011

Another week

What I've been up to in the last week -

I've been to the football! Yes, me, at a football match! Martin & I were invited to last Sunday's Eagles versus some other team at Subiaco Oval. I managed to grasp that the basic plan is to get the ball to one end of the oval and then kick a goal, but some of the finer points totally eluded me. There seemed to be random cheers and roars from the crowd for no apparent reason. Still, the atmos was great, and so was the food & wine. Here are some photos just to prove that I'm not making this up.









We celebrated Martin's birthday on Wednesday. We had a very pleasant lunch and then went to the movies. (Potiche - silly, but very enjoyable.) There was, as usual, tiramisu for dessert.

My shoulder is still not completely better, so I haven't done a great deal of housey/gardeny stuff. Still, I have planted broccoli, carrots, peas, broad beans and cauliflower. Just in time for the promised rain - winter is finally on its way and not a moment too soon!

Finally, here's something great I found featuring the lovely Old Spice guy. There's also this one - both have been widely appreciated at work!


No comments:

Post a Comment