Now that we're 12 days into the New Year, here's what's been happening.
New Year was celebrated very quietly, but I did manage to stay up and see 2011 in.
Our little family is currently dispersed over three continents. Kati is in the UK, in Blackpool, and Maddie is in New York. Both are enjoying the beautiful cold weather (and snow), while we swelter through a very hot (even for Perth) summer. This is how I've been spending most evenings - and very pleasant it is too.

I haven't done very much gardening because of the hot weather. Everything seems to be coping with the heat though - we are overrun by zucchini vines, and it's a constant challenge trying to come up with new ways to cook yellow squash. We have had kilos of them for weeks now, with no sign of any let-up.
One of my New Year's resolutions is to finish all the various crafty projects I've started over the last few years. Including this quilt, which I started more than ten years ago.

I'm still working on the hand-quilting - then I need to find out how to do the scalloped border. There are also numerous knitting projects (one at a time is my new mantra) plus various other bits and pieces. I'd also really like to organise all the photos into albums - something I've been meaning to do forever.
Oh well, there are only so many hours in a day, and only 353 days left in the year...
Our little family is currently dispersed over three continents. Kati is in the UK, in Blackpool, and Maddie is in New York. Both are enjoying the beautiful cold weather (and snow), while we swelter through a very hot (even for Perth) summer. This is how I've been spending most evenings - and very pleasant it is too.
I haven't done very much gardening because of the hot weather. Everything seems to be coping with the heat though - we are overrun by zucchini vines, and it's a constant challenge trying to come up with new ways to cook yellow squash. We have had kilos of them for weeks now, with no sign of any let-up.
One of my New Year's resolutions is to finish all the various crafty projects I've started over the last few years. Including this quilt, which I started more than ten years ago.
I'm still working on the hand-quilting - then I need to find out how to do the scalloped border. There are also numerous knitting projects (one at a time is my new mantra) plus various other bits and pieces. I'd also really like to organise all the photos into albums - something I've been meaning to do forever.
Oh well, there are only so many hours in a day, and only 353 days left in the year...
No comments:
Post a Comment