Things that have been happening around here :
The Christmas tree is up, but only one Christmas present has been bought. It's the old river-in-Egypt thing about how soon Christmas is happening. I have bought all the ingredients for the Christmas cake, which I plan to make later today.
In the garden, the zucchinis and yellow squash are taking over. There are lots and lots of tomatoes, but they're still green. My Jane Brocket-style pot of basil is going well - it's almost pesto time again!
We've had a week of lovely warm-but-not-hot weather. Today it's hot again. I must say that even I (a confirmed cold-weather lover) am really enjoying the balmy summer evenings. Although it can get very hot during the day in Perth, it (almost) always cools down beautifully by sunset.
One year though, I'd really love to have a white Christmas - it just seems right somehow...


No comments:
Post a Comment