Martin and I went to Adelaide last week. We left on Wednesday - it was threatening to be in the mid-thirties in Perth. In Adelaide it was 15 degrees!
We had a great stay. Martin was at a conference so I mooched around the city solo on Wednesday afternoon and Thursday. I wandered around very happily, taking in the Rundle Mall, the Art Gallery, the State Library, the Torrens River and the Central Markets. The Art Gallery is a delight - I especially enjoyed the little Bloomsbury section. On Friday a friend of Martin's took us on a drive to the Adelaide Hills, Glenelg (the marching band was just for us of course), and then on to the stately homes of North Adelaide.
We enjoyed some wonderful meals - a very meaty one at an Argentinian restaurant, Swiss food at Alphutte's and Coffin Bay oysters & South Australian whiting (yum!) at a seafood cafe on Gouger Street.
On Saturday, we flew home. Just in time for the Alliance Francaise quiz night. For the second year in a row, our table came second (losing by just one point). L'annee prochaine, nous allons gagner!
No comments:
Post a Comment