Just to recap -
2 weeks ago.
1 week ago.
As of Friday.
Lars and his crew have worked a miracle in the backyard. We now have a spot for our outside table, plus a Pete's Veggie Patch-inspired set of four raised beds for growing vegetables. I got to work yesterday with newspaper, pea straw, soil, blood & bone plus some home-brewed compost and planted the first bed. I'm using this book as a guide for planting. So far I've planted a salad garden - lettuce, silverbeet, mizuna, mustard greens, spring onions and garlic.
It's so nice to have a workable backyard again. I can almost see myself enjoying the long hot summer looming on the horizon. Oreo has found himself a new spot.
Of course, depending on the election result this may all be academic. If the Liberals win, we may just have to go and live in France....On a brighter note, here are some pretty things I found in the garden this morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment