Sunday, July 11, 2010

Rainy Sunday

In between downpours, today we managed to make minor inroads into the mulch pile. I pulled out several bucketfuls of couch and Guildford grass, while Martin shoveled mulch into the wheelbarrow. We had to stop every now and then when the heavens opened.


Even the birds were trying to keep dry.



Our neighbours over the road were also gardening - they were busy pruning their roses. Is it really that time already? I thought I might as well make a start, and have so far butchered pruned 5 of our 25 rose bushes.

The frosty mornings two weeks ago plus the recent hail have killed off some of the potatoes I planted in late summer - this doesn't happen very often in Perth! Even so, a little digging around produced this mini-harvest.



Feeling very virtuous after all that work, I'm going to put my feet up now and enjoy a cup of tea and a housey magazine. The urge to tweak the house is coming on again and I'm looking for inspiration!







No comments:

Post a Comment