Inspired by a friend to start a blog, I wondered what I might write about. Then as I was wandering around my garden last week, I thought why not write about that? We've lived in our house for 21 years now, and we've made lots of changes to it in that time. Then about three or four years ago, we decided to fill in our aging swimming pool. We were left with an enormous area of yellow sand which quickly sprouted a huge and vigorous range of weeds. It's been like that ever since, while we've thought about what to do with it. Since last December, we've been having a deck and pergola built, which is now finally almost finished. So we need to go from this
to, well, something yet to be decided.
Last Friday morning , when I looked out my window onto the deck, it was covered in frost - in sunny Perth! It had been a really cold, clear night - the coldest in four years.We've had a week of cold (for Perth) mornings since then. Cold is great, but lots of rain would be even better!
No comments:
Post a Comment